I answer your questions and look at the argument that blacks also kill each other.
Did God show favoritism with Israel?
- Does the Bible have anything to say about God exercising favoritism or partiality? If so what does it say?
For there is no favoritism with God. — Romans 2:11
9 And masters, treat your slaves the same way, without threatening them, because you know that both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him. — Ephesians 6:9
34 Peter began to speak: “Now I truly understand that God doesn’t show favoritism, — Acts 10:34
17 For the Lord your God is the God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, mighty, and awe-inspiring God, showing no partiality and taking no bribe. — Deuteronomy 10:17
Partiality with man is sin
If, however, you show favoritism, you commit sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. — James 2:9
21 It is not good to show partiality — yet even a courageous person may sin for a piece of bread. — Proverbs 28:21
- So clearly the Bible is against partiality. It is sinful. Now we take this information and use it to reconcile what God was doing against a proper backdrop.
- God predestined a solution to save humanity and that solution was Himself in the form of Jesus Christ.
- To do this God needed people but He also had to ensure these people stayed on the proper path for the Messiah to come (Israelites).
- Romans 1:16 makes plain what God was doing.
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, and also to the Greek. — Romans 1:16
- Jews receive priority, but it’s not because of favoritism. It’s simply based out of logic (1 must come before 2).
- God oftentimes punished Israel and even threatened to destroy them for their sin; see Deuteronomy 28, Book of Jeremiah, Daniel.
- God treated Israel the same way He treats everyone. Obey and be blessed, disobey and be cursed. That’s not partiality or favoritism. That’s righteous and fair judgement.
Blacks kill each other so what’s the big deal?
- Black people aren’t the only ethnic group to kill within their ethnic group.
- So because people kill within their own ethnic groups that means no one should be outraged when they’re targeted by others? No.
- The issue isn’t just cops killing blacks. The issue is blacks being marginalized and discriminated against since their arrival to this country.
- So the issue isn’t racism exists because cops are killing blacks. The issue is racism because racism exists.
Black Lives Matter
- Their organization statement carries is anti-biblical. However, we can get with the idea that the lives of black people Matter.