On today’s show we discuss how we may be best navigate this world in the face of misinformation and political agendas amidst the pandemic. Remembering who we are as Christians, our only identity, is paramount to maintaining a solid resolve.
Burkina Faso (Africa)
- 800,000 – 1 milliion displaced
Understand the setup is key. There’s a spiritual war at work.
- Started in Genesis with Eve where Satan was able to toy with Eve’s mind.
- 2 Corinthians 11:3 (The serpent deceived Eve)
- Revelation 12:9 (Satan is the one who deceives the WHOLE world.)
9 So the great dragon was thrown out — the ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the one who deceives the whole world. He was thrown to earth, and his angels with him. — Revelation 12:9
- 1 Peter 5:8 (Satan is an adversary).
- 1 Thess. 2:18 Satan (preventing Paul from visiting the Thessalonians).
- Job 1 Satan challenging God’s creation)
- Satan is an adversarial opponent. He pushes against God and His people.
- John 12:31 (Satan is still the ruler of this world.)
“Now my soul is troubled. What should I say — Father, save me from this hour? But that is why I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd standing there heard it and said it was thunder. Others said, “An angel has spoken to him.” 30 Jesus responded, “This voice came, not for me, but for you. 31 Now is the judgment of this world. Now the ruler of this world will be cast out. — John 12:27-31
- Ephesians 6:11-12 (Satan however has an army.)
Put on the full armor of God so that you can stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this darkness, against evil, spiritual forces in the heavens. — Ephesians 6:11-12
- What we see isn’t the full picture
What can we do (6 things)
- We have to right our expectations as believers.
- Obtain wisdom for navigating life (Proverbs 1:20)
- See through the noise
- Choose God’s side (Galatians 3:27-29)
- Rely on the church
- Remember the sovereignty of God